Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello

Hello Ladies, hope you all are snug and warm in the great north. It is so foggy here that we won't recognize the sun when it does reappear. Oh well, winter in the midwest, I suppose. Why fight it? 
We all are back in our 2nd semester routine at school, one day following the other, plodding toward Spring Break. So sad, our lives have come to this. I try to enjoy each day and make it count for something special, but along about February, I seem to falter. I cannot think I'm alone in this fault. :-( 
We all should realize how blessed we are to live here and have the bounty we do. The Haitian disaster , along with the adoption of our new nephews from the Congo, has opened our eyes to our wonderful country. Giving money just doesn't seem enough when there is so much need in the world. It is difficult to understand how we can be so blessed when others are suffering so intensely. Not a balanced world we live in, Ladies. Not at all. My sister has started a daily routine of asking each of us to go out and be a blessing to someone each day on Face Book. All her friends have responded with such positive comments, it is heartwarming. We all need that encouraging reminder to do just that. Thanks, Debbie.
I'm sure you all  are busy with school and family now that basketball season is upon Indiana. Our boys have only won 3 games this year, but last night we only lost by 2 points against our county rival. Our boys are great kids, we have no great athletes right now, but they all play with heart.  I'm doing desserts for our annual "Coaches Against Cancer" bean supper at our homecoming next Saturday night. You are all invited to come on down! As you know we have two students with cancer and will donate the proceeds to those families. Last year we raised $3000 from it. Then we only had one boy with cancer. One is cancer free at this point, the other had a major setback with H1N1, chicken pox and pneumonia this winter. 
Stephen King has a new coon dog, Hoss, a blue tick who is identical to all the others we have owned in our 43 year marriage. I cannot name all of them , but they all looked alike. He and a friend have been hunting almost every night a are just like two boys with their new toy. Walking through a dark, cold woods after a bawling dog is something I've never been able to wrap my head around. Must be a man thing! 
Orange County is undertaking a health project called Ways of Wellness. It has attracted hundreds of people. We have exercise, dance and yoga classes, cooking workshops and many other events going on all over the county. My girls are doing yoga, but I'm just stretching and walking to begin with, easing my way into real stuff. I plan to do water aerobics, but have had an ear infection for weeks. The shared enthusiasm is wonderful. Heaven knows most of us need to get healthier. Me especially! 
Winter Gagglefest can't come soon enough for me. I haven't been anywhere since our fall get together. I'm so ready for a road trip. And want to see you all, of course!! Give me some response on Kirstie's shower date and I'll book a room or two. Talk to me. Love, Hedy 

2 comments:

Kirstie said...

I'll just let you know that while Danville, IN does not offer much as far as Hotel accommodations. But it is just 15 minutes from the west side of Downtown Indy.

We got Baby Mac's room painted this weekend. "Dash O Pistachio" is the official color. A very pale green... not sage... not yellowgreen... somewhere in there though. My mom is making Chocolate brown and matching green curtains, crib skirt, etc. It is starting to feel like a baby's room and not just a "spare room".

I was actually hoping for a full week of school this week. We'll see.

Milk House door said...

Soudns good to me! Indy it is?