Saturday, May 28, 2011

Peace

My good friend lost her nephew this week in one tragic instant the 18 month old drowned in the family pool. This is as bad as life can be for a parent, to lose a child, the baby of the family, so precious, now gone. Due to an earlier loss, this boy thought of my friend as a grandmother, she was a constant in his brief life. I can only pray for her and his other family members. Prayer is the least and the most we can do, it is the ONLY thing that helps. I came across this little memo this week which struck me with its pertinence to this tragedy:
                             Peace...it does not mean to be in a place where there i no noise, trouble or
                            hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in 
                            your heart.

Maybe all we can pray for is peace for the family at a time like this. Pray they will find peace.

I love you all. Hedy

No comments: